Enlighten retrieves weather data from Weather Underground, a service that provides real-time weather reports collected from over 10,000 airport weather stations and over 33,000 personal weather stations.
Enlighten displays and stores weather data collected from the airport station that is closest to the PV system. You can choose a different Weather Underground weather station for a system by following the steps listed here.
- Select the Settings tab ().
- Scroll down to the System Weather panel.
- To find an another weather station for the system, click the Find a different Weather Underground station link. This opens a Weather Underground map for the system area.
- On the Weather Underground site, find a station you’d like to use, then click the icon.
- Only weather stations that display a current weather condition icon (sun, clouds, etc.) will provide actual weather conditions and temperature in Enlighten. Weather stations without a weather condition icon provide only temperature.
While you might find a station that is closer than the airport station, Enphase recommends that you select a station that provides actual weather conditions.
- Find the station ID in the upper-left corner of the weather station display.
- In Enlighten, enter the new station ID.
- Click Save.
If you are interested in getting your own personal weather station, click the get your own personal weather station link.