The Enlighten API (Application Programming Interface) allows mobile apps, building management tools and other software applications to access and use system performance data from Enlighten.
By default, all systems in Enlighten allow API access. However, an owner can manage his system’s API settings and disable this feature, or revoke access to an individual application.
An application is allowed to access system performance data when:
- The API settings for a system are enabled.
- An application requests API access from the system owner.
- The system owner grants API access to the application.
Managing API Access
- To enable or disable API access, go to the Settings page ( ) and scroll down to API Settings in the Privacy Settings panel.
- Uncheck the box next to Allow API access…. to disable, or check the box to enable.
- Click Save.
To view API access permissions, click the Account tab and scroll down to API Access.
To view which applications have API access to the system, click, Show applications that have API access.
To revoke API access for a particular application, click Revoke access next to the application name.
For professionals with fleet management capabilities, you can also click the link to Show systems that allow API access.
Granting API Access
If you are a system owner, an application requests API access through a link like this, either in an email or embedded in the application itself:
To grant API access:
- Click the link presented to you. This directs you to Enlighten; you may be asked to log in.
- An access page like the one shown here displays. Read the application description if you like.
- Click Yes, allow access.
For more information, consult the Enlighten API documentation.